LOVE veggie sushi.
My dinner from last night: veggie sushi!!!! Cucumber, carrots & avocado. I loved sushi so much before I became vegan so I was very excited to try my first veggie roll!
“Fajita Salad” at the Mexican restaurant we go to after volunteering at our youth group! It’s so tasty! I usually get black beans but I forgot to ask. Oops. Still good though!
I have been totally MIA. But I’ve made a huge change in the past couple months. I’ve switched to a plant-based diet. I did a TON of research, went to VegFest, watched countless documentaries, talked to my doctor, and tracked the health stats of countries who consume a plant-based diet versus those who consume a meat-based diet. My very best friend is a registered dietitian and she set me up with ways to track my nutrients. I’m happy to say I’m getting more than enough of everything (protein, iron, carbs, etc.), and only take a vitamin for B-12.
I’m moving slowly but surely toward a 100% vegan diet (after being exposed to so much animal rights information, I’m overwhelmed by the cruelty and can no longer take part in it). Bottom line: I’ve never felt healthier, stronger, or more nourished. I’ve never slept better. I no longer get headaches. I haven’t been bloated in over a month. I recover faster after every run. And most importantly, I don’t feel the guilt I used to do my best to ignore when eating animals. I could go on and on, so I’ll stop now. But that’s where I’m at! Happily plant-based.
What a great response to my first challenge!
Here are just some guidelines & ideas to help you get started:
- Go grocery shop and load up on: favorite fruits & veggies, almonds & other nuts and seeds, lean protein, greek yogurt, eggs, coconut & olive oil, stevia or truvia, chia & flax, unsweetened almond milk, approved carbs & starches. See a list of “Clean Foods” here!
- Meal Prep! Measure out your goodies for on-the-go! Don’t feel like cooking up something? Meal prepping is the lazy person’s secret to staying healthy!
- Don’t underestimate yourself. If you’re eating a lot of sugary, processed things right now, it may be hard for the first few days but I promise that by the end, your tastebuds will have changed and you’ll crave healthier options.
- Inspire. This is a challenge meaning (hopefully) many people will participate! Tag photos of your clean food as #EATCLEAN14 so that we can share and inspire each other with yummy recipes!
- This contest will be held from Tuesday, March 12 to Tuesday, March 26.
- REBLOG and let your own followers know you’re dedicated to this challenge and encourage them to join!
sending lots of love and light! Can’t wait to get started with you all!